(So, yes that is the title of a Chris Brown song, but it is not, in fact, the beautiful people I am referring to.) The one I am referring to is the original meme created by Cait at The Notebook Sisters and Skye from Further Up and Further In. This meme involves a questionnaire to be answered by characters from things that we are writing. (I absolutely love answering questions, so this meme is right up my alley).
I actually made a character interview myself a couple of years ago on my ex-blog, and I’m so excited/happy that these girls have made a monthly meme out of the same sort of thing (theirs is WAY better). 1. What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it?
Kate Avery Lambrick. I have a strange attachment to the name Kate and have probably used it in numerous stories I’ve written, but this is the first chance I’ve had to use it in a longer-than-a-page document of writing. I love the name name Avery and as for her surname, it was just something I came up with when I needed it.
2. How old are they and when were they born?
She’s 17 and was born on the 25th of February at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Melbourne (8pm).
3. Describe their physical appearance? (Bonus question: 1. What is their race/nationality/ethnicity? and 2. Do you have a picture of them? If so, include it)
She’s average height, super skinny because of the chemo/not eating. Kate is bald, but other than that doesn’t have any defining physical aspects. She’s white, Australian and agnostic. Her grandparents were religious, but her parents don’t really take an interest, so she doesn’t either.
4. Describe your characters personality first in one word and then elaborate in a couple of sentences
Passionate. Whether she loves or hates something/someone, she’ll let them know. She does everything with a fiery sort of vengeance, but not quite that far.
5. What theme song(s) fit their personality and story arc?
Ugh, I always struggle with this question. But maybe I’d go with Warrior by Demi Lovato
6. Which one of the seven deadly sins describes your character?
This is hard. I think the 7 Deadly Sins are too extreme to describe Kate, but if I had to choose, It’d be Envy.
7. If they were an element (fire, water, air, earth), which one would they be?
Fire – super passionate about things!!
8. What is their favourite word?
Abyss + Dash (say them out loud!!)
9. Who’s one person they really miss? (It could be someone who’s passed away, or someone they’re not close to anymore, or someone who’s moved away).
Her mom. She’s still around and they’re still close, but’s a different closeness to before. It’s more a sick person and carer closeness, rather than a mother daughter closeness.
10. What sights, sounds and smells remind them of that person?
Sights: Different coloured tins filled with cakes, biscuits and tarts. These days the tins are locked up in the shed where they’re rusting with age.
Sounds: Singing in the kitchen; the blender whirring at 5km an hour
Smells: Cookie dough rising in the oven; onions browning in the non-stick pan on the stove