School. It’s almost the same process, no matter where you live around the world. This is what I know about school:
– It starts at age 5 and goes till age 18 (if you stay till the end)
– For us, there are 6 (max) VCE* subjects that will be counted. Many people do 5.
– We have 6 periods a day, at approx 45 minutes each.
– Lunch and studio art are my favourite times of the day.
– I have good teachers with bad classes, bad teachers with good classes, good teachers with good classes and bad teachers with bad classes.
Would you rather a bad class and a good teacher or a good class and a bad teacher?
This brings me to this weeks Top Tuesday Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table
1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series)
She loves books. She has hair like me (although mine is not quite as 1st movie. Maybe more 6th-eqsue). We share a similar love for knowledge (although I’d hedge she’d definitely beat me in a general knowledge test). She’s just all round awesome.
2. Josie Browning (The Intern)
We are basically the same person (or at least she’s what I want to be – a la intern). She’s hilarious. She’s awkward. I can’t decide if I want to be her or if I want to be best friends with her (probably the best friends thing, because then we can be best friends and we’d have parts of each other).
3. Etienne St. Clair and 4. Anna Oliphant and 5. Meredith (Anna and the French Kiss)
Okay. So, I am slightly in love with this book. (Okay, more than slightly). At first, I only had St. Clair. But then I was like no, I can’t have St. Clair without Anna because THEY ARE MEANT TO BE. But, then, I had to have Meredith because she’s this awesome, vivacious person, who has mad decorating skills and I would love to be friends with her.
6. Rachel Watts and 7. James Mycroft (Every trilogy)
The question here should rather be: why would you not have a teenage detective and his best friend forever and all around amazing person sitting at your table. Plus, I can fangirl over their relationship with them (or would that not work??)
8. Magnus Bane and 9. Jace (The Mortal Instruments)
Sass. And sarcasm. And just general all round hilarity. Plus, with Magnus there’d be glitter (and possibly Church). Jace would bring his hair (and maybe Clary for a visit)
10. FredandGeorge (Harry Potter series)
So sue me. I have 11 people. But, in my defense, I could have one twin at a time and I could pretend to not know the difference (shoosh about the ear + death thing) and therefore could manage to have both. I could also just have both BECAUSE I CAN’T SPLIT THEM UP. THEY’RE BROTHERS AND TWINS AND two of them means twice the (practical) jokes.
Okay, so there were probably like 12 (ish) people all up. Who would you have on your lunch table?
* Victorian Certificate of Education. Equivalent to the American, British (?) and Queensland HSC.