These are my 2016 Resolutions (I wrote a list of 7 on my summary post last year), but on paper I handwrote (wow, what a concept!!), a full ‘official‘ list of 16 NY Resolutions:
- DRINK LESS JUICE
– In the last couple of months this has been going downhill, but at the start of the year, I was a bit more vigilant. I would say ACHIEVED
- GET A JOB
– I have a (pretty regular, proper) job (which I’m going back to on Tuesday after a nice long holiday). So, ACHIEVED
- GO TRAVELLING (OVERSEAS)
– I went with my mom to South Africa and also went on a 4 month trip with my friend around Israel, Europe, London and Abu Dhabi. I did a series of 11 recaps if you want to see what I got up to and live vicariously through my travels (which is what I’ll be doing when I go back to work). ACHIEVED
- START/FINISH MY MODELLING NOVEL (OR WRITE AT LEAST 30K)
– I did start it, but got nowhere near 30K – I wrote a grand total of 12,387 words this year, which is better than nothing but certainly not where I wanted to be. I’m not very good at consistently writing, and those words were probably done in a matter of days/weeks. This was NOT ACHIEVED, and will probably end up back on my 2017 list.
- READ 100 BOOKS
– I only read 61 (same as last year!), so this was NOT ACHIEVED. I attribute my low(ish) number to the large amount of travelling that I did.
- SEE SOME FOREIGN FILMS
– I went to a few JIFF (Jewish International Film Festival), so that ticked this off my NY resolutions list. I saw Fritz Bauer vs. the People, Anne Frank and False Flag. ACHIEVED
- SEE AT LEAST ONE CONCERT
– I didn’t manage to get to a concert this year (so NOT ACHIEVED), but I am seeing Adele next year which I’m SO excited for!!!
- LOOK AFTER MYSELF
– This will always be a goal (whether I write it down or not), but I think I ACHIEVED it this year. I tried my very best to be aware of how I was feeling, and then doing something about it, and not bottling everything up. I did things for me and not always for other people. I took precautions in my mental and physical health and worked hard to be self aware.
- LEARN/PRACTICE PHOTOSHOP AT LEAST 3 TIMES WEEKLY (IF POSSIBLE).
– I worked sporadically on Photoshop throughout the year, but didn’t do it enough. SEMI-ACHIEVED
- LEARN HOW TO USE MY CAMERA PROPERLY
– I have had my camera for way too long to not know all the ins and outs of it, but this year I did a little bit. Certainly not enough, but I know more than I did 1 year ago, and I plan to continue learning more. SEMI-ACHIEVED
- MAKE A CROQUEMBOUCHE
– This has also been on my to-do list for the last 3 months, and I just haven’t gotten around to doing it. NOT ACHIEVED
- FINISH SUV
– Still not there. I think I watched 1 episode this entire year? NOT ACHIEVED
- GET A NOSE PIERCING
– Yep and I love it! ACHIEVED
- BE HAPPY
– It was a year of ups and downs (as every year is), but I have ended it with a feeling of overall happiness. I travelled and laughed and cried this year and spent it doing thins for myself and for once, not feeling stressed out everyday. It was a good year. ACHIEVED
- WRITE IN HERE (JOURNAL) EVERYDAY
– I wrote on an A5 piece of paper everyday from the beginning of year 12 to the middle of 2016 (the day before I left to go travelling). On my travels I recorded a travel diary everyday. When I got back, I didn’t pick up where I left off in my every-day diary. I think I needed it at the time, but now, I’m good! NOT ACHIEVED (but happier with that).
- WRITE >18 BLOG POSTS
– I wrote a grand total of 23 posts this year, so ACHIEVED!
Overall I am very happy with my results – 8 achieved, 6 not achieved and 2 semi-achieved. It was a big year for me, physically, mentally and locationally. 2017 is my first year of uni, so I’m going to be focusing on that as well as the stresses and triumphs that come with it.
2017 NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS
- Read 100 books
- Get to 35K in my modelling novel (more achievable goal)
- Make a croquembouche
- Empty the read-and-then-donate bookshelf
- Make more/uni friends
- Be proud of my achievements
- Join uni clubs
- Finish The Woman’s Murder Club series of books
- Learn to sew
- Go on a road trip
- Do NaNoWriMo 2017!!
- Start a weekly/monthly segment on my blog
- Write more poems
- Write more short stories
- Learn the positions for volleyball
May 2017 be everything I want.